The following festivals are celebrated in a grand manner every year.
Kamarajar Birthday ( 15th July )
The birthday of Thiru Kamarajar, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, is celebrated on 15th of July every year. Students present the life and contributions of Karma Veerar Kamarajar through spirited speeches, lively dances and songs. The programme evokes patriotism in the young minds.
Aradhana Day ( 3rd August )
On August 3, we celebrate the Maha Samadhi Day of H.H. Pujya Gurudev Sri Chinmayanandaji. We organise a special bhajan. We perform pooja in a grand manner. Students narrate stories, incidents and quotes from the life and teachings of Gurudev. Chinmaya Aarthi song is sung by the children and aarti to Pujya Gurudev is performed.
Independence Day ( 15th August )
We celebrate the Independence Day every year with flag hoisting followed by march past by our N.C.C. cadets. On this occasion, both students and teachers give speeches on patriotism.
The birth anniversary of Lord Krishna, the eighth avatar (incarnation) of Lord Vishnu is celebrated all over India in the month of August/September on the ashtami of Krishna Paksh or the eighth day of Bhadon according to the Hindu calendar with great devotion and zeal.
Janmashtami is also known as Gokulashtami, Krishnasthami, Srijayanti. In our school, nursery students celebrate Gokulastami. They narrate the story of Krishna's birth, and demonstrate Kalinganardhanam, Poopanthu, Uri and Radhye Krishna's Hide and Seek.
Teachers' Day ( 5th September )
Our students celebrate Teachers' Day by conducting various games for their teachers. The students have fun and frolic in the ground.
Shri Vinayakar Chaturthi
In the month of September (Tamil Month: Avani Shukla Paksha Chaturthi) Vinayakar Chaturthi is celebrated with special abhishekam and pooja at our temple.
Saraswathi Pooja (Navarathiri Puja)
Navarathiri Puja is celebrated in the month of October (Tamil month: Purattasi Shukla Paksha Navami) in a grand manner at the junior campus. Teachers arrange golu in the traditional seven steps. Astalakshmi, Dasavathara, Arupadaiveedu and other idols are arranged neatly on the steps. Puja is done by each class during these nine days. The children come in traditional dresses and bring things necessary for puja. On all the nine days, teachers and students chant slokas and sing bhajans in praise of Goddess Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswathi. On the ninth day, we celebrate Saraswathi Pooja and get Her blessings.
Children's Day ( 14th November )
Birthday of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru is celebrated as Children's Day. Many competitions like painting, essay writing, rangoli, cooking without fire, art from waste etc., are conducted.
Thiru Karthikai Deepam
The Karthikai Deepam is observed as an extremely sacred day in Tamil Nadu. Lord Siva is said to have manifested himself in the form of light on Arunagiri or the Arunachala hill on this day.
Students of our school celebrate Thiru Karthigai Deepam festival by lighting lamps and singing devotional songs in praise of Lord Subramaneya at the junior campus.
Republic Day ( 26th January )
The Republic Day is celebrated in the school campus grandly with a parade event done by N.C.C. students.
Pongal Pandigai, the harvest festival in South India, marks the beginning of Uttarayana - the sun's movement northward, when entering the zodiac sign Makara. This generally falls around January 14 (1st of Tamil month Thai). It is celebrated in North India as Makara Sankranti
We celebrate pongal in our school campus every year. Teachers prepare pongal, a sweet made of rice, in the school campus and offer it to the Sun God. A bhajan is organised wherein children invoke the blessings of Sun God and thank Him. They take up this opportunity to share their experiences about the festival, while the teachers distribute prasad to all the children.
Beyond class rooms is a whole new world of experiences and learning. We believe in expanding horizons of our children's knowledge by letting them go through a range of experiences. The School Day celebration is one such occasion when students present a colourful show of their creativity in our open air theatre under heavenly sky and trees. For us, School Day is an occasion to showcase the extraordinary feats and achievements of our students, to parents and the public.
- An eminent guest is invited as a source of inspiration for our students.
- The academically-proficient students from each class and the subject toppers of public exams are given prizes.
- We honour retired staff members for the service they rendered to our school.
- The Best All Round Student Award, instituted by our Managing Trustee in the memory of our beloved Founder is bestowed on the best outgoing students of standard 12 and standard 5.
- A theme-based cultural show is organised to exhibit the creativity of our students.
Set in a unique style with varied themes, our School Day keeps our students in tune to our tradition & away from the invasion of satellite channels.
The theme of our Chinmayan Sporting Charter is "Sports to foster fitness and academic achievement"
Our sporting activities and academic pursuits are perfectly blended to make students wholesome and fully prepared to face any crisis in life. Our school's sporting culture has been the driving force of our success.
During Sports Day, we organize a quality sports show with demonstration drills and field activities like pyramids, fencing, martial arts, etc.
- Championship is awarded under each category to students, who secure maximum scores in various track and field events. We foster a healthy competition among students as they compete in four house groups: Ganga, Cauvery, Godavari and Yamuna, to win the overall championship trophy.
- March Past is an eye-catching event of the day. Our students swing and sway rhythmically to the beats of our band. We have been consecutively bagging the "Best School in March Past" award since 1997 at the Rajapalayam Zonal Level - a very prestigious event for our Chinmayan marching team.
- Every year, we specify a theme for house decoration. Students present their theme innovatively to secure more points for their houses.
- Sports and games is an integral part of the Chinmayan life. We work to instill involvement in interscholastic sports and in non-competitive sports as well. Success for our kids comes through committed learning and believing in themselves. They learn to handle the highs and lows of winning and losing.
Sports and games is an integral part of the Chinmayan life. We work to instill involvement in interscholastic sports and in non-competitive sports as well. Success for our kids comes through committed learning and believing in themselves. They learn to handle the highs and lows of winning and losing.