A child in the Montessori Lab says, "Teach me to do things by myself."- Maria Montessori
A Montessori classroom is created for children. Here the child is free to move, speak, and work for his/her own development. The lab is devoted to help each child grow independently by building confidence, competence, self-esteem and respect for others.
Our Montessori classrooms are designed in multistage. This allows for both individual and social development. Most lessons are given to small groups of children or individual child, while other children work independently. Montessori students actively participate in planning their time and taking responsibility for their work.
- The Montessori materials in the Lab provide for learning through the senses.
- Activities that will help develop the functioning of the five senses are regularly practised in class.
Montessori Environment :
Montessori child is a self sufficient child who loves to learn.
Children are happier in a school run on Montessori principles. The happiness in children indicates that all their developmental needs are addressed in a holistic manner.
The Montessori environment provides unique opportunities like
- Freedom to choose activities according to the child's inner needs
- Freedom to explore with the learning materials
- Freedom to communicate
- Freedom to achieve individual potential
- No heavy bags to carry
- Age-appropriate and enjoyable homework
- Assessment on a continuous basis
- Individualized lessons
- A healthy and happy attitude towards school and learning
Laboratory experiences are an essential part of science classes.
- The school has an effective Science Lab.
- It is equipped with all necessary lab equipment and materials.
- Specimens of rare living things kept in the science lab are a matter of wonder for our kids.
- It's a working place for science skill development.
- Our School has a computer lab with 33 clients and a server to teach subjects using computers.
- Each student is provided with a computer.
- All the computers have internet connectivity with restricted access.
- Students can use internet to browse the information necessary for their projects and contacting e-pals.
- They can establish contacts with schools abroad through e-pals global community network.
- Students have the luxury of learning their subjects through Computer Based Training (CBT).
- We have CDs and DVDs on various topics with animations, illustrations and references to websites containing information.
- Detailed Assessment - A series of online tests are conducted in the lab using computers.
- Students use MS - Paint and MS-Word to complete their activities and projects.
'Learning with fun' is the best way to learn mathematical concepts. Our lab has mathematical kits including value kit, fraction and square kit and geometry kit for junior kids.
- Geo board helps students understand the concepts of area and perimeter of various shapes.
- Abacus in the lab provides the children the basic skill on numbers.