In Chinmaya Vidyalaya, every year, the following celebrations and festivals are conducted in a grand manner.
Kamarajar Birthday ( 15th July )
The birthday of Thiru K.Kamaraj, the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, is celebrated every year. We conduct competitions such as elocution, drama and debate for students.
Aradhana Day ( 3rd August )
The day on which H.H.Swami Chinmayananda attained mahasamadhi is observed as Aradhana day. On that day, we conduct special bhajan and pooja programmes.
Independence Day ( 15th August )
We celebrate the Independence Day every year with flag hoisting, followed by march past by our N.C.C. cadets. On this occasion, both students and teachers give speeches on patriotism.
Teacher's Day ( 5th September )
Every year, we celebrate the birthday of Dr. Radhakrishnan as Teacher's Day. Students entertain their teachers and acknowledge their valuable service.
Shri Vinayakar Chaturthi
In the month of September (Tamil Month: Avani Shukla Paksha Chaturthi), Vinayakar Chaturthi is celebrated with special Abhishekam and Pooja at our temple.
In October (Tamil month: Purattasi Shukla Paksha Navami), we celebrate Saraswathi Pooja at our Goddess Vidya Saraswathi temple, and get Her Blessings.
Vidya Saraswathi Varushabishekam
Varushabishekam is performed for our Goddess Vidya Saraswathi in the month of Iyppasi on the day of Sadayam nakshatra.
Children's Day ( 14th November )
Birthday of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru is celebrated as Children's Day. Many competitions including painting, essay writing, rangoli, cooking without fire and art from waste are conducted.
Thiru Karthikai Deepam
We celebrate Thiru Karthikai Deepam Festival in November (Tamil Month: Karthigai Full moon day) in our school campus with students lighting the traditional oil lamps (Agal Vilakku) throughout the school premises.
Republic Day ( 26th January )
The Republic Day is celebrated in the school campus, grandly with a parade event done by N.C.C. students.
Every year, we organize Asheervad Day to bless the students of Classes X and XII who are appearing for their public examination. Our Managing Trustee and our Correspondent give special speeches and our teachers join them to bless the outgoing students. A farewell party is organised for them by students of IX and XI standards.
Beyond class rooms is a whole new world of experiences and learning. We believe in expanding horizons of our children's knowledge by letting them go through a range of experiences. The School Day celebration is one such occasion when students present a colourful show of their creativity in our open air theatre under heavenly sky and trees. For us, School Day is an occasion to showcase the extraordinary feats and achievements of our students, to parents and the public.
- An eminent guest is invited as a source of inspiration for our students.
- The academically-proficient students from each class and the subject toppers of public exams are given prizes.
- We honour retired staff members for the service they rendered to our school.
- The Best All Round Student Award, instituted by our Managing Trustee in the memory of our beloved Founder is bestowed on the best outgoing students of standard 12 and standard 5.
- A theme-based cultural show is organised to exhibit the creativity of our students.
Set in a unique style with varied themes, our School Day keeps our students in tune to our tradition & away from the invasion of satellite channels.
The theme of our Chinmayan Sporting Charter is "Sports to foster fitness and academic achievement"
Our sporting activities and academic pursuits are perfectly blended to make students wholesome and fully prepared to face any crisis in life. Our school's sporting culture has been the driving force of our success.
During Sports Day, we organize a quality sports show with demonstration drills and field activities like pyramids, fencing, martial arts, etc.
- Championship is awarded under each category to students, who secure maximum scores in various track and field events. We foster a healthy competition among students as they compete in four house groups: Ganga, Cauvery, Godavari and Yamuna, to win the overall championship trophy.
- March Past is an eye-catching event of the day. Our students swing and sway rhythmically to the beats of our band. We have been consecutively bagging the "Best School in March Past" award since 1997 at the Rajapalayam Zonal Level - a very prestigious event for our Chinmayan marching team.
- Every year, we specify a theme for house decoration. Students present their theme innovatively to secure more points for their houses.
- Sports and games is an integral part of the Chinmayan life. We work to instill involvement in interscholastic sports and in non-competitive sports as well. Success for our kids comes through committed learning and believing in themselves. They learn to handle the highs and lows of winning and losing.